As we all know fitness professionals don’t make a lot of money. We do it because we love it! However, I don’t think that should mean that we end up paying over $100/month for cert fees..With that said what do you think about taking a well known fitness class (For ex. Zumba and calling it a “Latin cardio dance class”?) Most licensed fitness programs charge at least $10/month so if you have multiple certs it can really add up quickly. I know taking these trainings can be very valuable for learning more, but to have multiple certs and maintaing the fees each month seems a little crazy. Do any of you take branded fitness classes and changed the name, but use the same concepts to avoid paying hefty fees each month?
It is a balance, and would differ from club to club. If you chose to go with branded, there are pros and cons:
– People will recognise the brand and come in the door from day 1
– On-going development and changes are taken care of
– Certification is taken care of
– Cost (the big one)
– Adherence / policies you must follow (if applicable)
– If you are capable of building a successful following / program then there are huge upsides (think of the people that ‘invented’ Zumba or CrossFit’).
You could always try running your own class(es) in parallel.