my age is 47 years old and i play soccer regularly. but lately after a soccer game i feel a little pain on my upper back, near or below the neck area. i have enquired with soccer mates about this and they advice me to have nutrition or supplements. Any advice why this pain occurs and what i should do to prevent it ?
Soccer is a physical game dude and your years are young but you gotta know when to sub in & out 😀
4real…kudos for the activeness, you can take other choices but you use your love of the game that’s important cause you will continue if you remain healthy.
Energy supps may offer some boost in play and delay some soreness from your activity but wouldn’t go crazy on the recovery end. Make sure you really warm up you UPPER body b4 play since your core & legs adapt more as you play.
Warm Ups: try
1. neck rotation w/slow circular motion, allowing the head to roll steadily through a full circular range of motion left & right several times
2. w/elbows raised level w/shoulders, pull thumbs in 2 arm pits & keep them there. (keep elbows level & thumbs tucked)…from a neutral head position squeeze you traps up into the back of your head (head should fit in like socket w/pressure) hold for 8-12 sec then relax shoulders while maintaining elbows & thumb position (20-30 will do just fine)
3. try functional stretches like Y / T / W / L
4. big arm rotations forward & backward
– try cat pose (on all 4’s arching & sinking your spine in a stedy stretching motion)
– jumping jacks and split jacks are good here also (good motion though out entire upper framework.
Try em…just suggestions as I do not know your present health condition…