Start by getting involved in your community
Join the Chamber of Commerce, or clubs that interest you
Post an ad on Craigs List
Put flyers up in local businesses
Get a job a your local gym
Wear a T shirt that says Personal Trainer on it
Do a mass mailing
Put a logo on your car
advertise in a local paper
I agree with Susan, but I would also add:
1. Sign up on Meetup.com (you’ll be able to market to thousands of others that may be looking for your particular services.
2. Let those on your Facebook page know that you’re in a new area and are ready to train.
3. Have a FREE Workout in the Park to generate new business (get a banner) and turn those into new clients!
4. Start a blog (if you don’t have one already). I use WordPress.com as it’s free and that’s one of my favorite ways to advertise! 😀
5. Take time to think about who you want to market to (i.e. specializing), what makes you stand out from all the other trainers in your neighborhood and what you can do for them!
Much success Ryan…you’ve got this!