I usually plan my classes a day before.
I have folders separated by types of classes I teach and I either clip magazines, print outs from web sites and choreography that I design and file.
1. Depending on the class I look through my folders and write down an outline for the specific class including modifications, reps/sets, time, etc. (I usually use a clipboard) If its a kickboxing class there is no need … I don’t choregraph we just do drillwork on the bags and I teach off the top of my head.
2. I pick out the music from my workout playlist
3. I eat about an hour prior and drink 16 ounces of water (especially if it is cardio which I mostly teach)
4. If using my Gymboss or WorkoutMuse program , I set that up.
5. Not much goes through my mind, I am so used to teaching group exercise, I’m just myself and tell everyone to have fun