1. Who will be my participants? If I have access to health information, that’s great. If not, always have a plan b, c, d….for the movements and progressions/regressions.
2. What can I do differently this time from the last time? Maybe it’s the music, the workout tempo, the actual exercises, the amount of emphasis on a particular body part/movement.
3. What can I teach/impart to my participants? Have I read any new, applicable research that I can communicate in a relevant way?
4. Am I entering this space with a relatively clear head i.e., good, positive energy (mental and physical i.e.., food!). Any personal stresses or problems should dissolve before you set foot in your facility, and certainly by the time the music starts!
5. A washroom break is critical during the 15-20 minutes prior to:) You want to be focussed on them, and not your bladder!