this amount of exercise is sufficient as far as the general guidelines for cardiovascular exercise are concerned.
If you do not do so already, I would suggest to add some flexibility and resistance training to improve / maintain strength.
However, if you have specific goals you are working towards, then you may need to modify / step up your training.
Must say although I understand the perspective of my peers here, I disagree with them.
Here is why…
1. 10,000 steps is nearly 5 miles
2. You state you walk it briskly
3. You state you do it everyday.
4. You walk nearly 30 miles a week.
5. I would venture a guess that most fitness professionals don’t walk or even run three miles a day.
6. The science says that walking 10,000 steps a day is associated with a reduction weight loss and disease.
7. I am assuming the reason why you walk is that you are strong enough to run five miles everyday.
I encourage you to google “benefits of walking 10,000 steps a day.” After you do the research, you will feel so proud of yourself as I am for you!