If you were to choreography a dance for kids these are some the questions I would pose to you:
1. What is the objective? Is it competitive or is it for fitness?
2. How old are the kids?
3. Are there age groups that overlap one another?
4. If there are age groups that overlap then I would take stages of development in to consideration.
5. How long is the class? You would have to take into consideration the attention span of the children.
6. What are the lyrics of the music you will be choreographing the dance to? Will the parents object to the lyrics?
That’s just a few of the things that come to mind.
All the best.