A couple of things to add to above …
– 150 club membership seems barely viable even if you’re charging a high membership fee.
– Classes don’t usually attract members. They are a service to keep your existing members active.
– Two types of group fitness instructors – those that have other jobs & Personal Trainers. Personal Trainers teach for passion but also to promote themselves & gain clients for their personal training business.
– For startups or small facilities, instructors that pay their bills by other means are a good thing. Not so focused on numbers attending so will usually stick around long enough to get attendance up.
– If classes are not included in membership I’d run a survey on what members want then run 1 – 2 as prepaid small group fitness over 6 weeks. You should be able to fill a group of 6 – 8 members off 150.
– small group fitness is a great way to bring contractors into your business. This adds extra skills & means you’re not paying a wage.