We just launched the IDEA Workout Builder tool on ideafit.com (www.ideafit.com/exercise-library) and I would love to hear what you think of the new addition to the site.
Here is a little more information on how it works:
– Simple way to create, share and print workouts
– Easy drag and drop interface
– Over 1,300 exercises (with videos) to choose from
– Works on every device (tablets, smartphones, etc)
– Share workout via email, facebook and twitter
– Is automatically included in Personal Trainer, Business and Premium Access membership categories
If you do not have access and want to check it out, you can sign up for a 30 day free trial here https://www.ideafit.com/workout-builder
It is easier to use, but does not match the versatility of what I currently use: PTonthenet. There are not nearly as many exercises, and it does not seem that I can add my own. (unless I am missing that feature) PTonthenet allows you to import your own exercises. Hopefully this feature (and more exercises) will be added. For right now I will stick with PTonthenet.
My current experience with the workout builder is great. I think the variety and search options are wonderful along with the quality of explanation. I send a “workout of the week” out to my current clients and leads and incorporate them into client workouts. Happy with it so far but would like to be able to add my own exercises and would also like the ability to set up an online payment system through IDEAFit in which I could write workouts for clients and assign them as homework.