I have 2 instructors who have expressed interest in teaching the same format but wasn’t able to provide more spots. I just had 1 opening and asked if either wanted the spot. Now I am getting non-committal responses. Things like “Is ‘so & so’ going to be interested in alternating or do you need me every class?” or responding with interest but only if they can adjust the schedule.
Should I just forgo the whole mess and tell them as they could not provide a definite answer then I am not going to offer the class? Do I say I will let them share the class but they need to make sure it is always covered?
I am new to my role so am still laying the foundation and this is one those really difficult moments that is not black and white for me.
“I have a time slot open on Tuesdays at 10:30am. Format options are ____, _____, and _____. If you teach any of these formats and are willing to take the timeslot or sub it, please let me know as soon as possible. If no one will commit to taking the class as their permanent responsibility, we will hold off launching this time slot until I have a steady, committed, instructor.”