I just did a press release today about Excuses people use for not working out. I actually had to cut the list down, but I thought it would be interesting to see what people have told you. Since we are always giving Fitness Tips, this is a great way to look back and see what people say to get out of working out. What excuses would you add to the list that I made:
There have been many excuses given to me over the years:
1. I don’t have any time. (although I do have time to get a massage, manicure, facial, carwash, teeth whitening, etc etc)
2. The gym is too far from my house and it would take too long to get there.
3. I don’t like to sweat.
4. I can’t find any classes that are convenient with my schedule. (see #1)
5. My shoes gave me a blister.
6. My babysitter can’t give me any more time. (see #1)
7. I hate working out in the morning.
8. I hate working out in the evening.
9. When I get home after work I have a glass of wine and then don’t feel like working out.
10. I don’t know how.
and this was actually said to me this week: “I tend to really work out hard, and go overboard, and get really sore. I hate being sore, so I just don’t work out.”
And why is it that the first thing someone says to you when they find out you are a personal trainer is: I really should work out more.