Having a personal studio in your home is often a challenge on a few unforeseen fronts. A few things to take into consideration:
1) Are you comfortable with your clientele knowing the exact location of your residence? (Some clients have boundary issues that need addressed; always have measures in place)
2) Does your community have any issues with an increased flow of traffic? (This can become a legal issue very quickly if neighbors start to complain)
3) Do you own an AED? (They are expensive but get one)
4) Will you offer ammenities? (Changing area, shower, etc.)
5) will you write off every little thing on your taxes? (Yes You Will)
I bring up these issues out of experience. Its not difficult to do but be certain you’ve thought of the issues outside of the box as well. This is your home, and you will feel imposed upon at times. How you deal with these issues should be thought of well in advance so you can handle them with a professional smile.