i created this website to help studios and teachers to connect. any tips??
Having an easy way to find a sub is a valuable idea. I’m not trying to rain on your parade, I’m putting out questions that I would think about before I did what you’re doing.
considerations I perceive:
1) Are you planning to monetize this? If so, how?
2) How is what you’re doing different or better than just having a local facebook group?
3) Personal security (in the wake of the group-ex instructor murdered over the summer) – who can see the website requests? I don’t necessarily want anyone other than my clients and 1-2 subs knowing about the location and time of my secluded classes.
4) How will you vet the qualifications of the instructors?
5) Employers may not want your subs – some places only allow employees to teach there.
6) Independent contractors may not want to provide their clients with access to subs they don’t know, whether for quality control or to control others’ access to their client list. At the places where I’m an independent contractor, it’s a lot harder for me to use a sub, because I provide specialty services and a big part of what people are paying for is me. I’m better off either cancelling class or working from a very select list of people that I know well.
As with any business, it will take time and a lot of persistence to grow it. You’ll hear a lot of “this won’t work” comments in any shape or form. Start small, get good at it and the word among studios will spread. You’ll need to to a lot of outreach at the begining and when somebody does need your services, be able to deliver.
Some places (larger gyms like 24 hr fitness, golds gym, etc.) are self suficient in terms of covering classes or have specific policies to follow (no outside instructors). however, there are other places (in fact I teach/train for one of them) that are open to having other instructors fill in in emergency / last minute situations or when there is no other instructor that is available to teach at a specific time.
All the best with your business and if you read this, shoot me an email. I teach and train in Orange County and LA area!
Actually it is an interesting idea. Of course, you will face a lot of nuances (as was mentioned above). I may say that I’ve also had some problems while launching the website about reviews of Edusson writing services. Especially when I try to post some articles which are connected with the topic “is edusson reliable” and so on. But, anyway, there are plenty of ways to make your site useful for your target audience. Just try to make your content interesting and don’t forget to post material on a regular base, for example, I post review twice a week.