Brooklyn Park, MN 55443-3990
I’ve practiced Yoga for over 20 years & taught for eight years in studio, corporate, & high school settings. I'm an Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RYT 200, RYT 500®), a Certified Yoga Therapist (C-IAYT), a 100-hour YogaFit® Warrior Program graduate (designed to address the stressors & traumas that are unique to our military community), an A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer and Healthy Eating and Weight Loss Coach and a Reiki practitioner.
Completed Yogahealer’s Living Ayurveda 9-month course to master the art of living in integrity with Ayurvedic wisdom, receiving their “Master of Living Ayurveda” certificate.
Studied with: Leslie Kaminoff, Susi Hately, Sadie Nardini, TeriLeigh Schmidt, Felicia Tomasko, RN, Cathryn Stillman, Indu Arora, & Matthew Sanford—well-known yoga, yoga therapy, anatomy, chakra energy, Ayurvedic & adaptive yoga experts.
• American Council on Exercise (ACE ®) personal trainer certification (since 1997)
• Canfitpro Healthy Eating & Weight Loss Coach
• Heartsaver® AED through the American Heart Assoc.
• Mind Body Solutions Opening Yoga Levels I and II adaptive yoga training based upon the unique experience of Founder Matthew Sanford, an award-winning author, nationally renowned yoga teacher, and paraplegic for the last 35 years
• Achieved degrees 1-3 in the Oshune Reiki® method of Energetic Healing.
• IDEA Health & Fitness Assoc.,
• Medical Fitness Network
• International Assoc. of Yoga Therapists.
• Guest speaker on the health and stress-relief benefits of Yoga and meditation
• Columnist for Yogamint,
• Co-blogger on Prana Pages blog (no longer publishing),
• Contributor to “the bloated belly” food blog, as well as Whispers of Spirit online magazine (no longer publishing),
• My own blog/newsletter.
I offer modifications for all levels in a safe, non-competitive environment and strive to communicate the YogaFit® Essence: “Breathing, Feeling, Listening to the body, Letting go of Competition, Judgment, and Expectations. Staying present in the moment.” I consider each and every one of my students a blessing in my life; and am committed to learn, grow, and teach with a positive intent and positive energy. Thank you for your interest in Better Day Yoga, LLC!