Yoga Legend Rodney Yee and Pilates Pioneer Lolita San Miguel Headline the Mind-Body World’s Most Sought-After Conference
Yoga Legend Rodney Yee and Pilates Pioneer Lolita San Miguel Headline
the Mind-Body World’s Most Sought-After Conference
Enjoy the world’s best Pilates, yoga and integrative wellness training
at the 6th annual Inner IDEA® Conference.
San Diego – August 22, 2011 –At the 2011 Inner IDEA Conference, a community of the most dedicated and visionary presenters, instructors and practitioners in the mind-body-spirit health arena will gather to explore the theme of “Wellness Within” through in-depth, groundbreaking education and training in Pilates, yoga and integrative wellness.
“When I think of ‘wellness within,’ the theme of Inner IDEA this year, the word that comes to me right away is balance--balance between mind, body and the breath,” says world-renowned yoga instructor and Inner IDEA presenter Rodney Yee, who will guide three sessions at the conference, including a large-group closing workout.
The 6th annual Inner IDEA Conference will take place October 6-9, 2011, at the Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines Hotel in La Jolla, California, and will feature more than 100 sessions on the hottest topics and programs in Pilates, yoga, and wellness areas such as tai chi and qigong, Nia®, GYROTONIC® exercise, mindfulness and meditation, nutrition, research, preventive medicine, and wellness business and career development.
“This is the only place in the world where instructors can find this combination of the highest level of education in Pilates, yoga and wellness all together in one place, in one weekend,” says Kathie Davis, executive director and co-founder for Inner IDEA. “While there are events that focus on yoga, Pilates or wellness, only Inner IDEA brings together the top names and programs in all three--in some ways, it’s like three conferences in one. For instructors or trainers who want to stay current in these fields, or to expand their scope of practice or level of expertise, this is the place to find what they need.”
Inner IDEA is well-known for its mindful learning environment designed to support all participants and many paths to health and wellness. Inner IDEA is a haven from all that, where the present moment and exploration of balance and integration between body, mind and spirit are explored.2011 Highlights
- Legendary yoga teacher Rodney Yee and Pilates pioneer Lolita San Miguel, one of only two practitioners known to have been officially certified by Joseph Pilates, will be on hand to teach and share their experiences.
- The faculty includes 50 leading presenters, researchers and innovators, each selected for his or her passion, vision and prominence in the ?eld of integrative wellness.
- This year’s conference will have a whole new feel as it moves from a desert environment to an ocean side setting surrounded by abundant natural beauty. The event will be held at the newly renovated Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines Hotel, which offers spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean and overlooks the famous Torrey Pines Golf Course.
- Special events during the conference include the evening Welcome Reception; ?ve wellness-oriented mindful meal experiences (full registration attendees); and many networking opportunities. Participants also enjoy browsing wellness-related educational products, books, videos, music, clothing and large and small equipment in the Inner IDEA Marketplace.
- The 2011 Inner IDEA Inspiration Award winner will be presented to Mimi Guarneri, MD FACC, founder and medical director of the Scripps Center for Integrative Medicine for her leadership in integrative medicine and groundbreaking new research.
- Inner IDEA® is designed to be an intimate educational event experience, and participation is limited to 550 attendees. For additional information about this conference go to www.ideafit.com/inneridea
About IDEA Health & Fitness Association
IDEA Health & Fitness Association is the world’s leading organization of fitness and wellness professionals including personal trainers, group fitness instructors, fitness directors and fitness business owners. These professionals coach, train and influence millions of health-minded individuals. Through IDEA professionals in over 80 countries, we “Inspire the World to Fitness®”.
We deliver world-class content and continuing education to fitness professionals through three vehicles:
- IDEA Fitness Journal, our award-winning monthly magazine plus four additional, specialty niche e-publications
- World class fitness conferences for health and fitness professionals, including IDEA World Fitness Convention™
- Streaming video and DVD courses available on our website (www.ideafit.com)
With the launch of IDEA FitnessConnect, we have created the largest national industry-wide directory linking over 200,000 US fitness professionals to more than 16 million consumers. By providing verified profiles of fitness professionals, we give consumers confidence in their choice of fitness services while strengthening the credibility and professionalism of our industry.
For more information on IDEA fitness and wellness conferences, publications, professional fitness education and products, member services and other activities, visit IDEA Health & Fitness Association.