World's Largest Event For Personal Trainers on February 14-16, 2003
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Personal fitness trainers, coaches or athletic trainers looking for new strategies to advance their programming and business skills as well as to significantly increase their revenue.
- Fitness professionals, exercise science students or fitness enthusiasts who would like to find out what a personal training career has to offer and how to effectively break into this field.
of the news media who regularly cover health and fitness issues
- An opening panel discussion with the goal of Elevating the Fitness Priority. Participants in this roundtable discussion will include: Jim Baugh, President of Wilson Sporting Goods and the founder of PE4Life; Dr. Steven Blair of the Cooper Institute of Aerobic Research and the author of the Surgeon General’s 1996 landmark report on Physical Activity and Health; John McCarthy, executive director of IHRSA; and a high level official from the Bush Administration.
- Over 60 new educational sessions, presented by a professional faculty of lifestyle coaches, exercise physiologists, physical therapists, registered dieticians and successful personal trainers.
- The 2003 Summit curriculum will offer Nine Programming Tracks of Study – (1) Training Techniques; (2) Program Design for Special Populations; (3) Sports Conditioning; (4) Exercise Science and Research; (5) Post-Rehabilitation Training; (6) Business and Technology; (7) Lifestyle Coaching; (8) Psychology and Behavior Change; and, (9)Nutrition and Weight Management.
- Two Special Tracks – (1) Lifestyle Coaching with a total of six courses giving personal trainers the chance to learn, interact and network with practicing lifestyle coaches; and, (2) Personal Trainer Fundamentals, presented by the National Academy of Sports Medicine, providing a foundation of knowledge in four distinct areas of study and designed for persons new to the profession of personal fitness training.
- A cutting-edge Expo Hall and equipment showcase featuring the latest training equipment, software, apparel, educational books and videos.
Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, 2660 Woodley Road, NW, Washington, DC, 20008. (202) 328-2000
February 14-16, 2003.
Two all-day, pre-Summit events will take place on February 13, 2003 – (1) Muscle Activation Techniques (MAT) for the Lower Body, by Greg Roskopf, MA; and (2) Functional Thresholds, Assessments and Program Design, Gary W. Gray, PT.
IDEA Members - $339; Nonmembers - $449; and, Students Members - $279. One-day pricing is also available.
REGISTER OR TO RECEIVE A BROCHURE:
Call (800) 999-4332, ext. 7, or (858) 535-8979, ext. 7, outside the U.S. and Canada. Or go to www.IDEAfit.com.
IDEA is the world's leading membership organization of health and fitness professionals with more than 23,000 members in over 80 countries. Since 1982, IDEA has provided health and fitness professionals with pertinent information, educational opportunities, career development programs and industry leadership while helping them enhance the quality of life worldwide through safe, effective fitness and healthy lifestyle programs. For more information on IDEA events, publications, educational products, member services or other activities, visit the IDEA website at: www.IDEAfit.com.