World Fitness Convention to be Held on July 8-12
San Diego - IDEA Health & Fitness Association, the leading membership organization of health and fitness professionals worldwide with more than 22,000 members in over 80 countries, announces the program for the 26th annual IDEA World Fitness Convention™ on July 8-12, with a slate of more than 250 sessions, including 129 sessions debuting this year. The event features the fitness industry's most exciting new programs, research, and trends as well as in-depth educational presentations and a thought-provoking keynote from best-selling author and motivational speaker John Gray, PhD.
The largest fitness training event in the world, this year's World Fitness Convention will attract more than 5,000 fitness professionals from 60 countries to attend the full program of sessions as well as an industry-leading Fitness and Wellness Expo spotlighting more than 130 exhibitors displaying the latest products and services. The event will be held at the Las Vegas Hilton and Las Vegas Convention Center and includes Event Senior Partner, STOTT PILATES®.
A roster of 126 expert presenters and world-renowned thought leaders embody the international impact of the fitness and wellness industry, with representatives from around the globe including Belgium, France, Germany, Israel, South Africa, and Spain. Pre-conference workshops offer a broad range of fitness training as well as an in-depth business forum and sessions on fitness management. Attendees also have an opportunity to earn up to 20 continuing education credits through various certification agencies.
This year's opening ceremonies will feature an inspirational presentation by John Gray, the world-famous author of 16 books including Men are From Mars, Women are From Venus. His keynote, "Finding Health and Harmony: Making the Connection for You and Your Clients", will draw on scientific research and his 30-plus years of experience to share how diet, exercise, and communication skills interact to impact the productivity of healthy brain chemicals.
IDEA's global campaign with the Alliance for a Healthier Generation-a partnership between the William J. Clinton Foundation and the American Heart Association - will showcase IDEA fitness professionals who are motivating kids to embrace fit and healthy lifestyles. "It was natural to use 'Inspire' as the theme for the 2008 World Fitness Convention," says Kathie Davis, executive director of IDEA Health & Fitness Association. "This year's convention is designed to help our members develop and strengthen their unique powers of inspiration so they can increase wellness for their customers, friends, family, workplace, schools, community, and ultimately - the world."
- A featured panel presentation, "WHAT'S HOT NOW: CONSUMER TRENDS" find out what consumers really want from their exercise program.
- Over 37 sessions for PERSONAL TRAINERS. Get in-depth information in topic areas such as corrective exercises, functional training, assessment, small group training, and much more.
- Marketing, management, staffing, developing or enhancing profit streams, planning to start a new business, avoiding mistakes, developing a competitive edge - just a few of the business skills covered in this wide selection of BUSINESS SESSIONS.
- A wide variety of CORE TRAINING programs for group classes or personal training, including Stretch Fusion, BOSU® BallastT Ball, TRX® Suspension Training, Pilates, and more.
- Enjoy a wide spectrum of MIND-BODY sessions on Pilates, yoga, GYROTONIC® exercises, Nia®, Relaxation, and meditation.
- Check out these super-hot programming areas, BOOT CAMP, CIRCUIT AND INTERVALS. See new moves, equipment, and training ideas.
- DANCE MANIA - Dance, in a multitude of forms, continues its resurgence and you'll find every possible style and move.
Each year, IDEA recognizes fitness professionals who are giving their all to Inspire the World to Fitness®. During this year's opening ceremony, IDEA also will present its 2008 Health & Fitness Awards to the year's top personal trainer, fitness instructor, and program director.
For more information and registration details on IDEA World Fitness Convention, visit the event section on the company's website at www.ideafit.com/world or call 1.800.999.4332, ext. 7.