IDEA Provides Resources To Help Fitness Professionals Target Special Populations
1) Inspiring Women to Fitness. With the support of fitness professionals, women can achieve their fitness goals and maintain function. This book outlines practical skills to communicate with women and shows ways to design programs that are effective through their stages of life.
2) Inspire Kids and Teens to Fitness. This text helps fitness professionals put the fun of exercise into children’s lives with proven techniques for program development, strength training, working with the community, and working with overweight youth.
3) How to Motivate and Retain Your Clients. Translating the latest research on exercise motivation and adherence into practical techniques is made clear in this guide.
4) Reaching and Working With the New Exerciser. Marketing programs to the inactive, motivational techniques to help people begin an exercise program, and profiles of fitness activities that succeed are all contained in this educational resource.
5) Help Clients Lose Weight. This book helps fitness professionals increase their understanding of the physiology and psychology of weight management. Also included are behavior change techniques and effective weight loss programming ideas.
The cost of each resource guide, a collection of articles that have appeared in IDEA publications, is $15 for IDEA members and $25 for non-members. To order these books, cal (800) 999-4332, ext. 7 or visit the Pro Shop on IDEAfit.com.