Broadening Role Of Fitness Professionals Is Reflected In The Educational Programming
To keep pace with the on-going evolution of their profession, fitness professionals turn to the IDEA World Fitness & Personal Trainer Convention, an annual educational event that attracts over 4,000 participants from more than 70 countries. Presented by IDEA Health & Fitness Association, this conference will take place in Anaheim, California, July 17 B July 20, 2003 and it will focus, in part, on these programming trends and activities:
- Inspiring the World to Fitness is the focus of this year’s conference and a wide assortment of lectures and workshops will help fitness professionals address inactivity, obesity, youth fitness and other related topics.
- Over 300 Educational Sessions from more than 100 of the world's leading health and fitness presenters. Specific learning tracks will focus on personal training; mind-body fitness; group strength and balance training; circuit/interval training; water programming; lifestyle coaching; sport-specific training; nutrition and weight management; exercise science; and, management and business skills.
- Working with Special Populations including children, older adults, obese and overweight people, pre- and postnatal women, and Generation X-ers.
- 2003 IDEA West Coast Yoga Conference is a two-day, intensive and broad-based pre-conference event that will bring the principles of yoga to fitness professionals who wish to learn more about this mind-body discipline and how it can be implemented into their existing classes. Actress and yoga instructor Mariel Hemingway will deliver the closing keynote address, The Practice of Being Present.
- An all-day Water-Fitness pre-conference for personal trainers who understand the significance of water training for their clients. Featured sessions in this pre-conference program include cardiovascular program design, formatting for strength, functional training and sports-specific applications.
- Pre-Convention Sessions including workshops presented by STOTT PILATESJ and Nautilus Health & Fitness Group®, plus the annual IDEA Global Fitness Day.
In addition, other IDEA World Fitness & Personal Trainer Convention activities include:
- IDEA World Fitness & Personal Trainer Convention Fitness Expo with hundreds of booths featuring the newest equipment, accessories, apparel and health-related products from the world's leading health and fitness manufacturers.
- Presentation of the IDEA Health & Fitness Awards recognizing leading figures in the fitness industry, including the 2003 IDEA Personal Trainer of the Year, the 2003 IDEA Fitness Instructor of the Year and the 2003 IDEA Program Director of the Year. In addition, fitness leader Kathy Smith will receive the IDEA Lifetime Achievement Award and the IDEA Fitness Inspiration Award will go to wheelchair athlete, Rick Hansen. Propel Fitness Water® is the Presenting Sponsor of the IDEA Health & Fitness Awards.
- IDEA's Annual Charity Workout for the National AIDS Fund.
The 2003 IDEA West Coast Yoga Conference and other pre-convention sessions take place July 15-16, and the IDEA World Fitness & Personal Trainer Convention will be held July 17- July 20, 2003. IDEA’s Senior Partners are Kashi, Nautilus Health & Fitness Group® and STOTT PILATES™.
To receive a conference brochure or to register, call (800) 999-4332, ext. 7, or outside the United States and Canada, dial (858) 535-8979, ext. 7 or visit the IDEA website at: www.IDEAfit.com/wfi03.
IDEA is the world's leading membership organization of health and fitness professionals with more than 23,000 members in over 80 countries. Since 1982, IDEA has provided health and fitness professionals with pertinent information, educational opportunities, career development programs and industry leadership while helping them enhance the quality of life worldwide through safe, effective fitness and healthy lifestyle programs. For more information on IDEA events, publications, educational products, member services or other activities, visit the IDEA website at: www.IDEAfit.com.
OF THE NEWS MEDIA: To receive a IDEA World Fitness & Personal
Trainer Convention brochure and schedule of events, or to receive a
registration form for a complimentary press pass, contact David Gilroy
at: (858) 535-8979, ext. 262, or e-mail: gilroyd@IDEAfit.com