SKU: C910083 | Run Time: 99 minutes
Digital Purchase (Video Stream)
Yoga sun salutations are generally practiced to warm the body during yoga sessions. However, they also can be used as the foundation for building an entire class. Utilizing three traditional sun salutations (surya namaskara) as a method of fusing the main focus, and the traditional wisdom of iyengar, ashtanga, vini, vinyasa, kundalini, shivananda, pre/postnatal and classical-eclectic hatha yoga, Diane and Kathy Lee introduce a number of creative, progressive and fun sequences to help you design classes that will meet the needs of you and your yoga students.
The core objective of Sun Salutations: Blending Yoga Forms is to introduce ways to incorporate the main focus of many of today's most popular styles of hatha yoga while designing well-rounded classes for various populations. The physical "core" is addressed on many levels and "fused" with the methods and wisdom from these core yoga styles. This eclectic yet classical foundation is "Yoga-Core-Fusion."
Among the topics covered:
- Some popular hatha yoga styles and their primary focus
- Basics of three traditional sun salutations (surya namaskara)
- Example salutations blending hatha yoga styles
Sun Salutations: Blending Yoga Forms Highlights:
- Provides the basics of three traditional sun salutations
- Introduces creative, progressive and fun sequences that help you design classes that will meet the needs of you and your yoga students
- Includes example hatha yoga sun salutations
By Diane Ambrosini, MA, Kathy Lee Kappmeier, PT