Variety is the spice of life...and meaningful variety is the key to improving fitness. Learn three different time-efficient 30-minute class designs to enhance muscular strength, stability and endurance for the upper body and core. Each workout incorporates a multijoint, multimuscle functional exercise selection. With rubber resistance, medicine balls and dumbbells, you will learn how to program push-pull-core super sets and giant sets to create a whole new challenge for your classes and be ready for Monday morning.
By Keli Roberts
By Keli Roberts
Available Course Credits
- Enhance the ability to create goal driven, meaningful variety when designing programs for the upper body and core in group fitness or personal training settings.
- Develop three program designs that incorporate a multi-planar, multi-joint, multi-muscle functional exercise selection in order to increase upper body muscular strength and endurance, core power and stability and improved posture and alignment.
- Analyze Push-Pull-Core program design, the advantages and benefits, and how to adapt this method to create progressive overload for group exercise or personal training.
- Analyze Super Set program design, the advantages and benefits, and how to adapt this method to create progressive overload for group exercise or personal training.
- Analyze Giant Set program design, the advantages and benefits, and how to adapt this method to create progressive overload for group exercise or personal training.
- Practice Push-Pull-Core, Super Set and Giant Set training programs performed with music with an emphasis on teaching movement progressions to enhance learning and correct execution.
- Demonstrate the correct use of a variety of equipment that includes rubber resistance, medicine balls and dumbbells in order to create progressive overload.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|Ultimate Program Design—Upper Body and Core||Video|