The ACE Integrated Fitness Training ™ (ACE IFT ™) Model workshop provides an in depth review of the American Council on Exercise’s Integrated Fitness Training Model — an innovative program that provides personal trainers with a systematic, detailed approach for exercise program design, assessments, and facilitating lasting behavioral change. Tools for behavior change are introduced and applied through interactive group activities, and the ACE IFT Model’s two primary training components – functional movement and resistance training and cardiorespiratory training – are explored through lectures, a case study with multiple progressions, and active participation in different exercises for each training phase. This DVD provides a comprehensive training solution that can be applied with clients at any point along the health—fitness—performance continuum.
By Fabio Comana, MA, MS, Todd Galati, MA, Pete McCall, MS
Available Course Credits
- Discuss the components and variables of a well-designed exercise program to address both the needs and wants of a client.
- Describe a model for exercise program design where the underlying principle is to first help clients by implementing strategies to change their behavior in order to make exercise a part of their lives.
- Determine if client goals are attainable, based on current fitness levels and implement goal-setting techniques to help clients develop intrinsic motivation for developing long-term adherence to an exercise program.
- Identify ways to design a functional movement and resistance training exercise program to help a client progress from foundational stabilization and mobilization exercises all the way to advanced drills for enhanced athletic performance.
- Explain the parameters of exercise program design for cardiovascular training including frequency, intensity, progression, recovery and specificity.
- Design long-term exercise programs to help clients achieve their goals through appropriate training volume, consistent progression and adequate recovery.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|The New ACE Integrated Fitness Training Model||Video|
|The ACE Integrated Fitness Training ™ (ACE IFT ™) Model||DVD||(Shipped version only)|
|The New ACE Integrated Fitness Training Model||Test|