September 2013 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 3: The Science of Movement and Music
Are you constantly struggling to find the perfect songs and provide the right mix of motivational beats for your classes? Having the right music can not only provide inspiration to your clients but can also provide proven benefits, such as lowering their exercising heart rate and blood pressure. In this session, you will find research on how and why music is so important in the fitness world. You will also find expert tips on how to create the perfect playlist for your needs. If your music needs some refreshing, then this course is definitely for you.
After reading this article, you should be able to:
- Explain the main psychological and ergogenic benefits of using music during exercise.
- Describe the elements of a “perfect” workout song, according to scientific inquiry.
- Explain how synchronous and asynchronous music can be used to motivate clients in both group fitness and personal training settings.
- Identify the factors that make a workout playlist effective and motivating.
- Apply scientific principles of song selection to a real-world fitness setting.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|September 2013 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 3: The Science of Movement and Music ||Test|
|Science Uncovers the Perfect Playlist |
Research shows that the right mix of tunes inspires participants and is a boon