ACE Professional Price
Presumably, every exercise professional has had at least one extraordinary teacher. When you think about why that unforgettable teacher made such a lasting impression on you, do you wonder whether you can do the same for your own clients? In this continuing education quiz, see how the characteristics of highly effective teachers apply to the fitness profession. Learn how to engage and encourage your clients and students. Make them hungry for more! In addition, learn effective verbal feedback for older clients and how to factor the effects of aging into how you talk clients through their exercises. Senior exercisers learn differently, process information differently, and react differently to the same information than younger exercisers. This means trainers need to know effective verbal feedback for the success of their older clients.
Available Course Credits
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Define and discuss excellence in teaching.
- Describe some of the best ways to plan and attain client goals.
- Explain several characteristics of highly successful teachers.
- Discuss why it is important to know what implicit memory, explicit memory and working memory are; how aging can affect them; and what implications there are for older adults during exercise.
- Explain the major types of feedback delivered during exercise sessions.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|Effective Verbal Feedback for Older Clients||Article|
|Qualities of Top Teachers||Article|
|September 2012 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 3: Research, and Senior Fitness||Test|