September 2010 IDEA Fitness Journal Test 2: Obesity Research and The Metabolic Playground Course
In just one course you’ll be able to get a better understanding on how improving sleep habits can help keep weight down, as well as how turning “work-outs” into “play-outs” can have a positive affect on trainers and clients. Getting enough sleep is important to maintaining one’s health and well-being, and this course will explain just that. You’ll understand some of the metabolic factors associated with weight gain due to chronic sleep deprivation, and the processes that link chronic sleep restriction to obesity. You’ll learn some interesting facts about sleep restriction, as well as some effective interventions for improving sleep hygiene. Another issue discussed in this course is how to inject fun back into training, for both trainer and client. Through your reading, you’ll gain insight into the scientific importance of enjoyment and how to tie it to new and stimulating exercises. You’ll also learn the five categories of the Metabolic Playground and ways to implement and incorporate them into exercises. So much life-enriching information, all in one course
- Discuss the importance of sleep and the effect that sleep restriction has on health and obesity.
- Explain some of the metabolic factors associated with weight gain from chronic sleep deprivation.
- Describe effective interventions for improving sleep hygiene.
- Describe the scientific importance of enjoyment and tie it to new and stimulating exercises.
- Apply some new, stimulating and enjoyable exercises to current training programs.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|Chronic Sleep Restriction Is a Risk Factor for Obesity |
Improved sleep habits can help keep weight down.
|Turn Your Gym Into a Playground |
Clients and trainers will embrace changing “work-outs” into “play-outs.”
|September 2010 IDEA Fitness Journal Test 2: Obesity Research and The Metabolic Playground ||Test|