Group strength classes are gaining in popularity. Build your résumé by learning how to use a wide variety of toys and techniques for fun and effective group strength classes that meet the needs of every member! Learn the science behind strength training and focus on how the science comes alive in the classroom with the equipment we have at our disposal. Learn the advantages and disadvantages to teaching strength in a group setting to formulate a plan for successful classes that produce results. Last, learn cuing strategies specific to teaching group strength, ensuring safety and effectiveness for any multilevel class.
By Shannon Fable
Available Course Credits
- Describe the physiological, psychological, intrinsic and extrinsic benefits of strength training for participants.
- Determine the factors that influence strength potential and how these factors must be taken into consideration in a group strength training class.
- Identify muscle structure and function vocabulary words as well as the types of muscle contractions.
- Review strength training principles including the difference between strength & endurance training, selection of exercises, sequencing of movements, speed of repetitions, number of sets and repetitions, resistance selection and appropriate exercise progression.
- Consider factors that influence exercise effectiveness and how to make the most out of exercise equipment available in group strength when faced with such factors.
- Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of group strength equipment, functional training equipment and no equipment in a group strength setting.
- Discuss appropriate movements and the purpose of warm up, body of class and cool down for strength training.
- Compare and contrast a wide variety of class formats that can be included for group strength training programs.
- Discuss appropriate instructor delivery techniques for group strength training exercises.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|Powerful Teaching: Group Strength Foundations||Video|