Power-Development—Not just for athletes anymore!
Jay Dawes, MS
Explosiveness is critical for most sports, but what about for daily life? In this practical video, you will learn how to improve power production for sport and life. Appropriate training progressions and modifications based on age, ability and facility design will also be discussed.
Among the Topics Covered:
• The benefits of power training for diverse populations
• Teaching and coaching tips/cues
• Program design recommendations
By Jay Dawes, MS
- Define basic terminology as it relates to anaerobic power and training for power
- Discuss plyometrics and Olympic weightlifting movements for improving power.
- Identify when to utilize power exercises and drills in a training session to optimize the training effect.
- Identify contraindications to selecting power exercises/drills for certain clients.
- Adapt exercises and drills to maximize time, efficiency and safety.
- Implement appropriate teaching cues and techniques for instructing athletes/clients on how to perform each exercise/drill.
|Power Development-Not Just for Athletes Anymore! ||Video|
|Power-Development—Not just for athletes anymore! ||Test|