October 2013 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 4: Walking for Health
Walking is one of the most common forms of physical activity; however, it may be too difficult or too easy for some of your clientele. In this quiz you will learn about different forms of walking and how to modify the exercise so that it can meet the needs of clients of all fitness levels.
After reading this article, you should be able to:
- Discuss some of the health benefits of walking.
- Explain the physiological basis of calorimetry.
- Describe a typical person’s natural walking pace and the physiological mechanisms involved.
- Discuss brisk walking speeds needed to attain health benefits, as described by ACSM.
- Describe and explain effective and noneffective strategies for increasing walking intensity.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|October 2013 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 4: Walking for Health ||Test|
|Walking Extravaganza! |
Research-based answers to seven questions covering physiology to program design will help your clients move past pedestrian pace to meaningful challenge and results.