ACE Professional Price
Research has uncovered a link between our lifestyle, our genes and a means to overcome the unhealthy connection between food and addiction. In this course you will learn how certain foods can trigger reward centers in the brain leading to addiction, and how your genes play a role in your addictive behaviors. Find out how regular physical activity can aid in recovery from these addictions. Such great information in one course!
Available Course Credits
After reading this article, you should be able to:
- Define the role of dopamine in the brain’s reward system.
- Discuss the evolution of the scientific breakthroughs building a basis for the relationship between food and addiction.
- Describe the emergence of epigenetics and its importance in the treatment of food addiction.
- Explain the role of the prefrontal cortex and key ways to optimize its function.
- Understand the importance of exercise for sustained recovery from food addiction.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|Food and Addiction: The Dopamine Made Me Do It||Article|
|October 2012 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 4: Food Addiction||Test|