Do meal replacements deliver results? Discover the answer and find out if some meal replacement products are effective for temporary weight loss. Also, learn about the importance of organic and sustainable food. Discover 12 reasons why you should choose organic and why eating foods in season is better not only for you and your clients, but for the world. Don’t miss this course on the importance of nutrition in your clients’ overall health plan.
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Explain and describe what a meal replacement is and how it is used in weight loss interventions.
- Report the research results on the efficacy of meal replacements for weight loss and persons with type 2 diabetes.
- Suggest what to look for in an effective meal replacement.
- Outline how eating seasonally is healthier and can be accomplished year-round with some extra preparation.
- Recognize the risks of consuming partially hydrogenated oils, conventionally grown strawberries and too much red meat produced with growth hormones and antibiotics.