ACE Professional Price
This continuing education course covers some of the latest mind-body-spirit news as well as constructive skills for mind-body fitness professionals. Some of the topics covered include: how even brief meditation can be beneficial, how having a purpose in life reduces the effects of Alzheimer’s, and how weight training can boost brain fitness. You will also find out why more studies are needed in regards to prenatal yoga, and how optimism may reduce heart attacks. Finally, learn about Pilates footwork—simple, yet powerful, it is typically the first exercise taught on the reformer. Learn to recognize and correct common misalignments in the lower body. So much information packed into one course!
Available Course Credits
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Discuss the research studies and findings described in the Mind-Body-Spirit News section.
- Define closed- and open-chain exercises and give an example of each.
- Describe proper leg alignment and describe several ways to correct alignment on the Pilates reformer.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|Optimism May Reduce Heart Attacks||Article|
|Question of the Month||Article|
|Pilates May Help Breast Cancer Survivors||Article|
|Tai Chi Program Inspires Wheelchair Users||Article|
|Weight Training Boosts Brain Fitness||Article|
|Purpose in Life Reduces Effects of Alzheimer’s Disease||Article|
|Changing Thoughts About Pain Provides Relief||Article|
|Brief Mind-Body Meditation Provides Benefits Even in Short Term||Article|
|Footwork: The Foundation of Pilates||Article|
|More Yoga Studies Needed for Pregnant Women||Article|
|October 2012 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 2: Mind-Body-Spirit News, and Pilates and Footwork||Test|