ACE Professional Price
Find out what’s making news in the world of fitness and nutrition with this continuing education course. Learn about how a discrepancy in leg length may not be associated with inefficient movement patterns or low-back pain. Discover why our hunter-gather ancestors may not have expended any more energy than modern-day man does. Investigate the psoas, from anatomy and biomechanical function to how it affects alignment. Learn to modify exercise programming to decrease psoas-dominant activities while increasing effective psoas stretching and release. So much great information available in one course!
Available Course Credits
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Discuss the research studies and findings described in the Making News section.
- Explain the anatomy and biomechanical function of the psoas major and how it affects the position of the rib cage, spine and femur.
- Evaluate the length of the psoas major muscles using a simple alignment test.
- Modify exercise programming to decrease psoas-dominant activities while increasing effective psoas stretching and release.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|IDEA Publications Team Wins Prestigious Award||Article|
|U.K. Doctors Uneducated About Exercise||Article|
|Child Diabetes Rates Higher in China than in the United States||Article|
|Preseason Fitness Unrelated to Injury Prevention?||Article|
|Sprints Best for Fat Loss?||Article|
|New York Plans Adult Playground Expansion||Article|
|Energy Expenditure Levels: Hunter-Gatherers vs. Westerners||Article|
|Leg Length Discrepancy and Movement||Article|
|Can This Psoas Be Saved?||Article|
|Energy Expenditure and Zumba®||Article|
|October 2012 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 1: Health & Fitness News, and Psoas Science||Test|