Discover how Baby Boomers and their elders are driving job growth for fitness professionals. Opportunities for personal trainers and fitness instructors are expected to grow much faster than the average, thanks primarily to the aging population. The Boomers, aged 45-65 this year, believe in active aging and their rising numbers bode well for fitness professionals. Read about several studies proving that our aging population has no intention of being inactive and learn about particular wellness programs for this group. Discover whether training this special population is your niche, what qualifications might be needed, and if this is a good career move for you. Take this inspiring continuing education quiz illustrating the value of fitness at any age.
After reading this article, readers should be able to:
- Evaluate job opportunities in retirement communities.
- List the job functions in wellness departments.
- Identify levels of living in retirement communities.
- Itemize credentials needed for fitness positions in retirement communities.
- Recognize the personal qualities desired by retirement community employers.