ACE Professional Price
Since 1998, the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) has published regularly updated exercise guidelines. Read the most recent updates that will help you to help your clients. Learn about the health benefits of cardiorespiratory, resistance, flexibility and neuromotor exercise. Find out how incorporating mindfulness into your personal training sessions can help clients conquer stress and improve performance by being in the moment. Teaching clients to calm their minds during movement is essential to helping them fight stress and achieve their wellness goals. Discover mediation exercises, breathing techniques and how to incorporate mindfulness into your clients’ training program.
Available Course Credits
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Discuss the overall purpose and key concepts and recommendations of the new ACSM Position Stand on quality and quantity of exercise for developing and maintaining cardiorespiratory, musculoskeletal and neuromotor fitness in apparently healthy adults.
- List several health benefits to be gained from consistent participation in exercise.
- Outline key exercise recommendations for cardiorespiratory, musculoskeletal, flexibility and neuromotor fitness.
- Help clients connect with their “flow” state to achieve a unified consciousness.
- Know how and when to apply various mind-body techniques during clients’ training sessions.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|From 1998 to 2011: ACSM Publishes Updated Exercise Guidelines||Article|
|Incorporating Mindfulness Into Your Personal Training Sessions||Article|
|October 2011 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 2: Research, and Mindfulness in Personal Training||Test|