Since 1998, the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) has published regularly updated exercise guidelines. Read the most recent updates that will help you to help your clients. Learn about the health benefits of cardiorespiratory, resistance, flexibility and neuromotor exercise. Find out how incorporating mindfulness into your personal training sessions can help clients conquer stress and improve performance by being in the moment. Teaching clients to calm their minds during movement is essential to helping them fight stress and achieve their wellness goals. Discover mediation exercises, breathing techniques and how to incorporate mindfulness into your clients’ training program.
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Discuss the overall purpose and key concepts and recommendations of the new ACSM Position Stand on quality and quantity of exercise for developing and maintaining cardiorespiratory, musculoskeletal and neuromotor fitness in apparently healthy adults.
- List several health benefits to be gained from consistent participation in exercise.
- Outline key exercise recommendations for cardiorespiratory, musculoskeletal, flexibility and neuromotor fitness.
- Help clients connect with their “flow” state to achieve a unified consciousness.
- Know how and when to apply various mind-body techniques during clients’ training sessions.