Does cardiovascular exercise contribute to long-term brain health? Can it help fight off dementia and other classic signs of aging? Find out how an 8-week yoga therapy course helped older stroke survivors improve balance, endurance and confidence. Discover women with neck and shoulder pain who participate in a Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement® program may experience more movement ability, more body awareness and more feelings of self-confidence. Read about how self-determination theory (SDT) aims to explain motivation and goal-directed behavior, and gain practical guidelines for helping clients adhere to their exercise programs. Learn what’s new in the mind, body and spirit news and research in this continuing education quiz.
Available Course Credits
- Discuss the research studies and findings described in the Mind-Body-Spirit News section.
- Identify and define the three factors of self-determination theory (SDT).
- Explain how each SDT factor could fit into the practice of a wellness professional.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|Feldenkrais® Practice for Pain?||Article|
|From Mind-Body to Embodiment: A New Model||Article|
|Lifelong Aerobic Training Preserves Brain Health||Article|
|Self-Determination Theory: A Key to Motivation||Article|
|Stroke Survivors Benefit From Yoga Therapy||Article|
|Tai Chi Training Proves Cost-Effective||Article|
|Tips to Improve Mental Wellness||Article|
|October 2011 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 1: Mind-Body-Spirit News and Self-Determination Theory||Test|