ACE Professional Price
This continuing education course covers some of the latest nutrition news as well as whether it’s possible for healthful eating to become unhealthy. Some of the nutrition topics include: exercise, tea consumption and vitamin D to keep dementia at bay, information on pears, the protein needs of women athletes, tips on healthy snacking, and how excess calories may be the main culprit for kids’ obesity. In the article, Orthrexia Nervosa: A Primer, you gain insight on the differentiation between orthorexia nervosa and diagnostic eating disorders, such as anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa. You’ll be able to identify traits of orthorexia nervosa and list potential consequences of an unhealthy focus on healthful eating.
Available Course Credits
Expired on December 31, 2014
- Discuss the research studies and findings described in the Food for Thought news section.
- Differentiate orthorexia nervosa from diagnostic eating disorders, such as anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa.
- Identify traits of orthorexia nervosa.
- List potential consequences of an unhealthy focus on healthful eating.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.