ACE Professional Price
What are eccentric exercises and what are the proper training methods for these exercises? Find out in this continuing education course. Learn about the numerous unique training-effect characteristics of eccentric training and understand the known theories regarding delayed-onset muscle soreness (DOMS) and how they are associated with eccentric exercise. You'll review the mechanisms of a concentric and eccentric contraction at the level of the sarcomere, discover the 15 key findings about eccentric training, and learn the best ways to perform eccentric training exercises. This knowledge will play a major role in how you train your clients and how their muscles feel post-exercise.
Available Course Credits
- Explain and teach an eccentric exercise.
- Describe the mechanisms of a concentric and eccentric contraction at the level of the sarcomere.
- Discuss the known theories regarding delayed-onset muscle soreness (DOMS) and how they are associated with eccentric exercise.
- Name several unique training-effect characteristics of eccentric training.
- Explicate the repeated-bout effect (RBE) training method and its proposed mechanisms.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|October 2010 IDEA Fitness Journal Test 3: Eccentric Training||Test|