November-December 2014 IDEA Food and Nutrition Tips Quiz 2: Uncovering Dieting Myths
Don’t let your clients fall into dieting traps. Learn about the most common dieting myths, how to educate your clients about them and how to help your clients succeed on their weight loss journey through organization, planning and thoughtfulness.
After reading this article, you should be able to:
- List several myths about dieting and explain how to help clients see through them.
- Explain why successful dieting is not about willpower, but about change and beliefs.
- Contrast the classic triad of suffering, sacrifice and struggle in diets with the more productive skills of organization, planning and thoughtfulness.
- Discuss why long-term weight management will never succeed if it remains focused on a “suffering” paradigm.
- Identify the one myth that binds all dieting myths together and explain how you can help clients to break the cycle.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|November-December 2014 IDEA Food and Nutrition Tips Quiz 2: Uncovering Dieting Myths ||Test|
|The Mythology of Modern-Day Dieting |
Help Clients to Trade Suffering, Sacrifice and Struggle in Dieting for the Skills of Organization, Planning and Thoughtfulness.