ACE Professional Price
In this special IDEA Food and Nutrition Tips course you will learn how to help your clients make realistic News Year’s resolutions. Discover how to recognize their “stage-of-change-readiness” using the five stages of change as your guide and utilizing tips for successful habit change. Find out why it’s important for fitness and nutrition professionals to understand what drives new habits and how they can motivate their clients to maintain their healthy diet and fitness resolutions beyond New Year’s Day. Also in this course, uncover how portion size factors into overeating. Learn the tools that can help your clients reclaim control of their portions and keep food intake in check.
Available Course Credits
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Describe the characteristics of the five “Stages of Change” and how client readiness may influence resolution success.
- List and explain the three components of habit loops.
- Explain the elements of successful habit change and the role of willpower in resolution maintenance.
- Better understand several strategies that can help keep food portions in line with what is considered healthy.
- Understand how fiber, carbohydrates, fat and protein can influence hunger and food portions.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|November-December 2012 IDEA Food and Nutrition Tips Quiz: Resolutions, and Food Portions||Test|