Delve into the 2012 Women’s Health Research Review, which covers six topics central to women’s health. Each topic closes with a take-home message that offers practical guidance and recommendations for exercise professionals. Topics include: stroke and physical activity; breast cancer prevention; metabolic syndrome and occupational physical activity; physical activity during pregnancy and postpartum; weight gain during menopause; and adherence to strength-training programs. These insights can guide you to improve the health of your female clients. A powerful course packed with information!
After reading this article, you should be able to:
- Discuss the relationship of exercise to reduced risk of stroke and other health issues in women.
- Explain the role of diet and exercise in breast cancer prevention.
- Explain the association between metabolic syndrome and physical activity at work and during leisure time.
- Discuss the role of exercise in improving health during and after pregnancy.
- Discuss interventions to prevent weight gain during menopause.