ACE Professional Price
Since 1980, global obesity has more than doubled. Sixty-five percent of the world’s people now live in countries where overweight and obesity cause more deaths than underweight. In 2010, nearly 43 million children below the age of 5 were overweight. In spite of global awareness and isolated attempts to face this crisis head-on, the fact remains that our kids are fat and getting fatter. It’s a hard fact to hear but we are on a downward spiral if we don’t help our children find a way out. This continuing education quiz is vital for fitness professionals to read and learn to help break the cycle. This quiz looks at the potential doomsday effect this wave could have if we don’t do something to change it now. Read about the scope of the epidemic and just how serious it is, from financial to physical to the emotional consequences. Discover the solutions to childhood obesity and action steps to reverse the trend. It is incumbent on the fitness industry to provide clients far more than just exercise; we must provide holistic help that considers all factors related to obesity. Join the fight against childhood obesity.
Available Course Credits
After reading this article, readers should be able to:
- Explain some of the physical consequences of childhood obesity.
- Describe the emotional issues affecting obese children.
- List current and projected financial impact of childhood obesity.
- Outline some systemic approaches that fitness professionals can take to curb obesity in children.
- Name some medical interventions for childhood obesity and explain their drawbacks.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|Childhood Obesity Doomsday Countdown||Article|
|November-December 2011 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 4: Childhood Obesity||Test|