ACE Professional Price
Food for thought...Are you a flexitarian? Do you want to be? Read about how this new plant-heavy diet plus a little meat is good for your health, the planet and your pocketbook! Think pro-plant, not anti-meat and increase your consumption of lentils, beans, grains, green leafy vegetables and fruit. This quiz covers nutritional news and what trends are making headlines. Prepare yourself this holiday season with healthy strategies that will help you battle the holiday bulge with ease. Stay mindful of the quantity and type of calories you are consuming and read these 14 tips to help you navigate through this holiday season. Read about how a recent survey revealed that runners may be overhydrating on race day. Drinking too much fluid while running can lead to seizures, unconsciousness, coma and even death. Read about how students at the University of North Texas (UNT) were given a new dining option with the introduction of a completely vegan cafeteria, and how bananas lead to better breathing! So much food-focused news to inspire healthy eating habits.
Available Course Credits
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Discuss the research studies and findings described in the Food for Thought section.
- Identify the benefits associated with a plant-based eating lifestyle.
- List sources of plant-based protein alternatives.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.