Read about the new insights and training recommendations for muscle hypertrophy, or muscle cell enlargement. This controversial topic sparks great debate and interest in all fields of health, fitness and sports. Learn about how the body responds to muscular overload to elicit muscle growth and the reasons why this topic remains under much scientific investigation. In addition, discover what you need to know before joining the “barefoot” movement. Read about the professional’s guide to training south of the ankles and learn how footwear is rapidly evolving as research progresses and understanding of human biomechanics improves. Learn sample foot exercises and whether going barefoot is the answer.
Available Course Credits
- Define and explain muscle hypertrophy and motor unit recruitment.
- Discuss the complex mechanisms of hypertrophy.
- Describe several examples of training strategies that promote hypertrophy.
- Participate in the barefoot training discussion with a well-rounded benefit/risk perspective.
- Identify the effects of footwear on foot physiology.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|Fit Feet: The Professional’s Guide to Training South of the Ankles||Article|
|November-December 2011 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 2: Research, and Training the Foot||Test|