ACE Professional Price
Have you ever wondered what some of the acronyms or categories on nutrition labels actually mean? You’re not alone. While most people read nutrition labels, understanding them is a whole different issue. This quiz provides an overview to help you and your clients decipher what those letters and numbers really mean. You will learn about daily values, serving sizes, ingredient lists and more.
Available Course Credits
After reading this article, you should be able to:
- Answer basic questions about how to read and interpret food labels.
- Explain how to use the Nutrition Facts panel to help clients better understand the nutrient content of foods and how it can be applied to their diets.
- Define the meanings of specific nutrient content claims and different food labeling terms such as “natural” and “organic.”
- Answer commonly asked questions about food labels, and properly interpret ingredient lists and allergen statements.
- Use a simple calculation to approximate the calorie value of a food by the grams of carbohydrates, proteins and fats listed on its label.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|Cracking the Code on Food and Nutrition Labels||Article|
|November-December 2013 Quiz 1:||Test|