ACE Professional Price
In this exciting new course, you will learn how to use a multimodal approach to help aging adult clients regain key functional abilities. Suspension exercise has been growing in popularity with fitness enthusiasts, and due to its popularity and results, fitness professionals are starting to introduce it to their older-adult clientele. In this course, you will learn the research behind suspension exercise, the primary benefits of this specialized equipment, and how to utilize suspension exercises in new and different ways to supplement older-adult clients’ existing programs and to improve function in this population. It will prove to be a valuable, information-filled course!
Available Course Credits
- Describe how suspension exercise (SE) challenges both stability and balance for older adults.
- Summarize the prevalence and risk factors associated with falls in older adults.
- List the four physical performance characteristics that SE can improve.
- Describe how suspension exercises can be easily progressed or regressed by modifying stance, grip and angle.
- Identify suspension exercises that are appropriate for older clients.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|May 2013 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 5: Suspension Exercise for Older Adults||Test|
|Suspension Exercise for Older Adults||Article|