ACE Professional Price
With the Baby Boomer population aging, movement professionals have to become more prepared to meet the needs of older adults, and it is essential to understand how their fear of falling can influence their exercise needs. In this course, you will learn that it’s not enough to just modify intensity or safety, seniors need more. Understand the psychology behind the fear and design programs that will address the fear and help clients overcome it. Armed with this course, you will better understand the mind’s impact on movement mechanics and how you can help increase your older client’s confidence as well as fitness level.
Available Course Credits
- Explain how fear of falling can create gait changes and how these changes can lead to movement patterns that increase fall risk.
- Design exercise programming to decrease fall risk factors relating to strength, balance and gait deficiencies.
- Fine-tune exercise cues to help clients deal with unhelpful reflexes.
- Initiate a discussion about fear of falling with your clients.
- Evaluate a client’s lateral hip strength as used while walking.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|May 2013 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 4: Fear of Falling||Test|
|Addressing the Fear of Falling in Seniors||Article|