This continuing education quiz discusses the rise of workplace wellness and how fitness professionals are poised to benefit from employers’ battles against surging healthcare costs. Read about how American employers are realizing that promoting workplace health is a worthwhile investment. While motives may be primarily financial, workplace wellness programs have the potential to transform many lives in the years ahead—a trend that bodes well for fitness professionals. With corporate wellness expected to grow 18% over the next 5 years, the fitness industry is in a perfect-storm position to create or embrace the opportunity. The major catalysts for this storm are rising disease and disability among Americans and the relentless annual increase in healthcare costs. Take this quiz and you—and every fitness professional—can ignite change in people’s lives.
After reading this article, you should be able to:
- Discuss the leading factors contributing to chronic disease in America and understand their relationship to the challenge of high healthcare costs.
- Explain why the workplace is an important venue for health promotion and disease prevention.
- Identify leading factors stimulating the growing demand for worksite wellness programs.
- Discuss the findings of evidence-based research for a positive return on investment (ROI) from comprehensive workplace wellness programs.
- Discuss how fitness professionals can prepare for a career in corporate wellness.