ACE Professional Price
Get a taste of what’s cooking in the nutrition world with this continuing education quiz. Can vanity motivate fruit and vegetable consumption? Read about how sugar-sweetened drinks are not heart smart for men, and despite some positive steps toward creating healthier subsidized school lunches, a loophole in U.S. Department of Agriculture regulations helped get pizza classified as a serving of vegetables. Find out about the National Products Expo West event showcasing natural and organic foods, vitamins, herbs, supplements and health and beauty products. See what new trends are on the horizon for the food industry. Learn that pistachios are full of fiber and how wines are going green, sugar free and vegan. Now that’s a heart healthy happy hour! And if that wasn’t enough information, learn how to turn flexibility, social interaction and wellness vision into a winning fitness strategy, and discover three key thinking shifts to help overweight clients get on track.
Available Course Credits
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Discuss the research studies and findings described in the Food for Thought section.
- Understand the concept of 80/20 and its role in creating flexibility in a client’s eating and exercise plan.
- Understand the importance of a healthy and effective support network, and learn one tool to help clients with self-support and one tool to help them with group support.
- Learn how to facilitate the creation of an effective wellness vision, and how vision building can help clients set better and more effective goals.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|Recipe for Health: Pistachio-Rosemary Crusted Tuna||Article|
|Ask the RD||Article|
|Burn and Learn Walking Food Tours||Article|
|New Generation of Wines Go Green, Sugar-Free, Vegan||Article|
|Chefs Move to Schools||Article|
|Are You Fooducated?||Article|
|Sugar-Sweetened Drinks Not Heart Smart for Men||Article|
|Crunching Down the Granola Road||Article|
|Can Vanity Motivate Fruit and Vegetable Consumption?||Article|
|3 Thinking Shifts to Help Your Overweight Clients Get on Track||Article|
|May 2012 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 2: Nutrition News, and Thinking Strategies for Overweight Clients||Test|