May 2011 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 2: Research and Overcoming Plateaus
Learn the characteristics of a mitochondrion, the role of mitochondria in fuel utilization and why mitochondria are often referred to as the “food-burning furnaces” in a person’s body cells. Learn that at any age, getting active is the stimulation that the marvelous mitochondria need to provide their health-giving benefits. Take this course and understand the cell’s energy power plant. In addition, learn ways to help your clients reach higher fitness levels and achieve results with cardio and strength training programs designed for busting past plateaus.
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Describe several characteristics of a mitochondrion.
- Discuss the role of mitochondria in fuel utilization.
- Suggest an effective exercise program to enhance mitochondria plasticity.
- Describe the adaptive response to training.
- Explain the value of periodization and variation in the training program.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|Busting Through Training Plateaus |
Ways to help clients reach higher fitness levels and achieve results.
|Marvelous Mitochondria! |
Understanding the cell’s energy power plant.
|May 2011 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 2: Research and Overcoming Plateaus ||Test|