ACE Professional Price
As mud runs and obstacle courses continue to gain popularity, it is important for fitness professionals to make sure that their clients are properly prepared for these events. In this quiz, you will learn how to help your clients prepare both mentally and physically to have the best and safest experiences possible. Also included in this article, learn how shifting the timing of exercises and workouts can improve muscular strength in women.
Available Course Credits
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Define and explain the theoretical concept of periodization training programs.
- Distinguish between linear, reverse linear and undulating periodization models.
- Discuss and apply the results of the Prestes et al. (2009) study.
- Discuss the potential risks and rewards of participating in a variety of mud runs and obstacle events.
- Name the most advisable and practical training protocols for physically and mentally preparing clients who wish to participate in obstacle races.
- Identify recommended timelines associated with training for an upcoming obstacle race.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|March 2014 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 2: Periodization Training for Women and How to Train for a Mud Run||Test|
|Mad for the Mud||Article|
|Resistance Training Periodization in Women: New Insight for Training Design||Article|